Wednesday, 3 November 2021

Letter 3

 A Love Song for you 



Dear Sam


This would be the first and last love song I am writing for you. 


I remember you. 

You remind me of the long bygone memories. 

With you, I see the countless ages that are yet to come. 

With you, I hear the rustling of leaves sitting in our small little room. 

It is with you, I smell with my tongue. 


I remember you. 

Now all I can do is to remember you. 

I remember our time with earnest love. 

I can’t catch hold of it,  it escapes me. 

It eludes my ardent love, leaves me defenseless.


I remember you. 

Memories define you. 

It lies to me. I see things that were not felt. 

It exaggerates to me. I feel things that were not seen. 

It gives me you, my only possession. 

Yet, I cannot possess you. I am without you now. 


I remember you. 

That’s all I want. Yet, I don’t know who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Memories - An Analysis

I construct my own past. There’s no truth in it. Though I write about the life I lived I write as an outsider of my own body.  Memories are ...